Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

B&H Photo is offering a flash sale today on Apple's AirPods Pro bundled with AppleCare+, priced at $239.00. In total, you'd normally pay $278 for this bundle (AirPods Pro at $249 and AppleCare+ at $29), so this is a savings of $39.

airpods-and-apple-care.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with B&H Photo. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

AppleCare+ for the AirPods Pro extends your warranty coverage by two years from the purchase date. It includes repair and express replacement to the headphones, battery, and USB charging cable, as well as up to two incidents of accidental damage at $29 each.

This sale will only last today, so be sure to head to B&H Photo soon if you're interested. The retailer is ready to ship the AirPods Pro today, with delivery estimated for early next week when choosing free standard shipping to most areas in the United States.

If you're only interested in the AirPods Pro without AppleCare+, B&H Photo also has the Bluetooth headphones at $229.95, down from $249.00, which is currently among the best prices online this week.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones.

Article Link: Deals: B&H Photo Bundling AirPods Pro With AppleCare+ at $239 in New Flash Sale ($39 Off)

Reactions: jbachandouris

Fusion79

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Omaha, NE
Defiantly want AppleCare with these things. I have had mine since feb and already on third pair. They are awesome when they work, but they go bad fast.

Reactions: icanhazmac

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
Defiantly want AppleCare with these things. I have had mine since feb and already on third pair. They are awesome when they work, but they go bad fast.

That's crazy, are you sure you aren't doing something wrong? Are you treating them well? I bought a pair on launch day and have had exactly zero problems. The case is pretty scuffed up, sure. But they work just as well today as the day I got them. Both pods and the case still hold a full charge (nearest I can tell), sound quality is still superb.

golgo1313

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2008
Claremont, CA
Fusion79, did you need to use the Applecare plus incident? It sounds like they were replaced under normal warranty, but you're suggesting when that one year is over, it is good to have the second year?

JPSaltzman

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2011
Wow, AppleCare Plus for the AirPods Pro is the same price as a MacBook Air? $249 for the MBA I can understand, but for the AiirPods Pro that cost $250?

Now that's insane pricing! Maybe $79 or $99 for AppleCare Plus, but $249?!

• Haha
Reactions: PDubNYC

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
Wow, AppleCare Plus for the AirPods Pro is the same price as a MacBook Air? $249 for the MBA I can understand, but for the AiirPods Pro that cost $250?

Apple Care Plus for the AirPod Pro is $29.
(AirPods Pro at $249 and AppleCare+ at $29)

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
That's crazy, are you sure you aren't doing something wrong? Are you treating them well? I bought a pair on launch day and have had exactly zero problems. The case is pretty scuffed up, sure. But they work just as well today as the day I got them. Both pods and the case still hold a full charge (nearest I can tell), sound quality is still superb.

The issue your quoted post mentioned is real. There is an issue with the ANC ambient mic that introduces static with the slightest input into the mic, including random settling/shifting of the pod in your ear.

Happened to one of my launch-day APPs after three months. And yes, they were treated very well. Apple replaced the one pod that was faulty without much question.

You may want to read the article once more. Perhaps more slowly, this time. ;)

Craptastic

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2020
Half the reason AirPods fail in audio overtime is earwax. Eventually it seeps into /behind the mesh grill and you can no longer clean them.

• Disagree

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
Grrrrr! I want to replace my first gen regular AirPods but between the battery life and all the other problems linked to the pro I think I will wait for the next gen.
Why I ended up just purchasing the Gen2 with wireless charging case

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Half the reason AirPods fail in audio overtime is earwax. Eventually it seeps into /behind the mesh grill and you can no longer clean them.
Is that really a big problem though? I have the earwax issues with my wired earbuds and even though I won’t be able to reach what’s behind the mesh they still sound perfectly fine after many years.

FriendlyMackle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2011
NYC
After about a month or so of use they develop a static/popping sound when using ANC. It’s worse on music with heavy bass or on phone calls when you are talking. It’s a known issue as Apple replaces them now with little hassle.
Well, that is really worrisome! I keep planning to buy a pair, though I was hoping for a price drop. But I don't want them if they're going to fail in just a few months. My other 'true' wireless earbuds from Bang & Olufsen e8's have lasted over 3 years now (and the 2nd newer model pair are close to 1 year) with no problems. But the noise-cancelling feature of the Airpods Pro is really attractive!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.