Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Woot today is discounting a new pair of AirPods Pro to $219.99 for Amazon Prime members, down from an original price of $249.00.

AirPods-Pro-Dsicount-Feature.png
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Woot. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

If you don't have an Amazon Prime account, the AirPods Pro will be priced at $224.99 during today's sale, but if you do connect a Prime account to Woot you can take an additional $5 off during the checkout process. If you're a Prime member, you can also get free two-day shipping.

Woot's discount today matches the previous low price on the AirPods Pro seen at Verizon. This sale won't last long at Woot, so be sure to head to the retailer soon if you're interested in the high-end wireless headphones.

Additionally, we track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Prime Members Can Get the AirPods Pro for $219.99 Today on Woot

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Eh. I got mine for $224. As someone who is hard of hearing and wears hearing aids, these would be nice WITH OUT ANC and transparency mode. The regular AirPods slip out of my ears and sound like a tin can unless I press them into my ear canal (uncomfortable, and unrealistic to use both hands to hold them in)

Why Apple didn’t offer an AirPod Pro “lite” same design and fit as AirPods Pro but w/o active noise cancellation and transparency mode is beyond me.

Jinzen

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Eh. I got mine for $224. As someone who is hard of hearing and wears hearing aids, these would be nice WITH OUT ANC and transparency mode. The regular AirPods slip out of my ears and sound like a tin can unless I press them into my ear canal (uncomfortable, and unrealistic to use both hands to hold them in)

Why Apple didn’t offer an AirPod Pro “lite” same design and fit as AirPods Pro but w/o active noise cancellation and transparency mode is beyond me.

AirPod has 3 settings - Off, Transparency, ANC.

Not sure what this post is all about.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
AirPod has 3 settings - Off, Transparency, ANC.

Not sure what this post is all about.

He means a less expensive set that doesn't include these features at all.
[automerge]1590950195[/automerge]

Rumor is that the release of such a product is imminent.

Reactions: ouimetnick

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
He means a less expensive set that doesn't include these features at all.
[automerge]1590950195[/automerge]

Rumor is that the release of such a product is imminent.

I wish. If it was an imminent as the rumored AirPods Studio, I would have waited. I just want regular AirPods that fit comfortably in my ears. I don’t need or want the extra bells and whistles (ANC & Transparency)

coolbeep

Suspended
Jan 13, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Sorry if I sound ignorantly wrong, but wouldn't transparency mode help with your hearing loss? I do agree with you that they need AirPods lite. I bought these silicon ear hooks for mine but its an annoyance that the case is molded perfectly so no add-ons can fit. I ended up buying the pro version just because of the silicon tips. All because normal AirPods don't fit my ears, they immediately fall out, even if I don't move a muscle. I don't have the perfect Apple ear.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011

Of course you can turn the ANC off... the whole point of the "Seal" is to allow ANC to work in the first place. I think there are some after-market tips you can add to the normal AirPods?

Also hearing-impaired and hearing-aid wearer here, I don't use AirPods much at all but I do borrow my wife's 1st gen sometimes. Are you thinking of using them along WITH the hearing aids? I've done that, and it works pretty well actually (Receiver in Ear Canal type aids). But usually, I just stream straight to the aids (Made for iPhone). The only reason I like AirPods, is for the mic.

BornAgainApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Massachusetts
Same here. Not showing that price.
From the website:
PRIME MEMBERS TAKE AN EXTRA $5 OFF!

If you're a Prime member, you'll get an additional $5 off at checkout. So that $224.99 price will magically become $219.99! Just make sure you log in using the Login with Amazon button.

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 4.00.09 PM.png

Last edited:

mthomas184

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2016
Cupertino
Judging by the condition of their “refurbished” iPhones, think about the amount of earwax buildup that’s gonna be in these things since they’re used AirPods.

Smearbrick

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Central PA
Judging by the condition of their “refurbished” iPhones, think about the amount of earwax buildup that’s gonna be in these things since they’re used AirPods.
These are new. No where does it say they are used. That would simply be insanity, and most likely, illegal.

Read the Woot description.

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
Meh... I got them cheaper the other day by going to Target, having them price match Amazon's $227 and then saving 5% with RedCard.
Meh.
I got them even cheaper with my f and f discount at Apple. ??‍♂️ ?
Obviously not everyone can get the f and f. Good deal you got tho.

AndiG

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2008
Germany
Sorry but does anyone care about the environment? Hundreds of millions of Ear-pods (to use a general term) wasting our environment. They contain batteries and are made out of plastic. after approx one and a half year of usage they‘ll be thrown away cause it‘s batteries can‘t keep the charge.
So if Apple produced 60 million AirPods in 2019 and maybe the other companies are responsible for another 40 million we have 100 million earpods, 3 pieces each and we‘ll get 300 million tiny pieces of toxic waste in 2021. Soon you‘ll find AirPods floating around in the oceans.

Companies should introduce a return policy paying cash for any returned EarPod And companies should be forced to recycle the waste they produce.

J.Dillinger

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
Sorry but does anyone care about the environment? Hundreds of millions of Ear-pods (to use a general term) wasting our environment. They contain batteries and are made out of plastic. after approx one and a half year of usage they‘ll be thrown away cause it‘s batteries can‘t keep the charge.
So if Apple produced 60 million AirPods in 2019 and maybe the other companies are responsible for another 40 million we have 100 million earpods, 3 pieces each and we‘ll get 300 million tiny pieces of toxic waste in 2021. Soon you‘ll find AirPods floating around in the oceans.

Companies should introduce a return policy paying cash for any returned EarPod And companies should be forced to recycle the waste they produce.

Scroll to “other devices” (recycle).

Do you know who Lisa Jackson is?

jontheog

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2020
lol or ill buy 12 sets of knock offs that sound great, get 2-3 hour per charge, and cost around $20. And if i lose them, i wont soil my pants

incoherent_1

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2016
Great piece of kit for that price. AirPods + my Apple Watch have become a killer combination for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.