Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has returned the AirPods with Wireless Charging Case to their lowest price of $149.98 today, down from Apple's price of $199.00. This accessory is the model that launched in 2019 and includes a Wireless Charging Case that is compatible with Qi-enabled mats.

airpodshandson.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Amazon introduced this price point last month, and the sale has come and gone over the past few weeks. If you've been on the hunt for the AirPods in 2020, this is definitely the best entry price for a new version of Apple's AirPods with Wireless Charging Case.

The same AirPods can be found for around $169-$179 at retailers like Adorama and Best Buy, so Amazon's sale is the best you'll find online this week. Sales have also hit the AirPods with Charging Case, priced at $135.99 at Verizon, down from $159.00.

At Verizon, the AirPods Pro also remain at their sale price of $224.99, down from $249.00. Although this discount is just about $24 off Apple's price tag, it remains the lowest we've ever tracked for a new version of the AirPods Pro, and the best online among trusted Apple resellers.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones.

Article Link: Deals: AirPods With Wireless Charging Case Return to Low Price of $149.98 on Amazon ($49 Off)

Last edited:

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
If they drop more, - talking under 120 at some point - if this even happens. I may...MAY consider buying a new pair. The original, non-wireless one's I picked up just 2years, 2 months ago have a battery life of about 1 hour now, if I'm lucky. Pretty sad!

I love the portability, sound - especially with these silicone in ear adapters I grabbed from Amazon---and the only way these stay in my ears. But the battery life, how disposable these seem to be. Eh!

OR..can these existing ones actually be replaced??? I get a constant runaround of this, no decent answer. "Battery care" for old 2+ year AirPods might cost be about 70-80 bucks each to repair - aka "replace." OR I'm basically out of luck. Who knows

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
If they drop more, - talking under 120 at some point - if this even happens. I may...MAY consider buying a new pair. The original, non-wireless one's I picked up just 2years, 2 months ago have a battery life of about 1 hour now, if I'm lucky. Pretty sad!

I love the portability, sound - especially with these silicone in ear adapters I grabbed from Amazon---and the only way these stay in my ears. But the battery life, how disposable these seem to be. Eh!

OR..can these existing ones actually be replaced??? I get a constant runaround of this, no decent answer. "Battery care" for old 2+ year AirPods might cost be about 70-80 bucks each to repair - aka "replace." OR I'm basically out of luck. Who knows
When I contacted Apple regarding a solution to my 1st gen battery life being greatly reduced, the solution came to essentially just replacing both at full cost, more than a deal like the one posted here.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan

While I share your frustration with how disposable many tech items have become, a pair of AirPods that gave you 2 years of enjoyment for about 22 cents a day does seem to be a pretty amazing deal. :)

Last edited:

covertash

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2012
For those who may have a Micro Center nearby (within 25 miles of you), I was able to get Best Buy to price match for $129.99. It is highly YMMV though because I was turned down through the BB Chat, due to the Micro Center deal being in-store only, and was instructed by the Chat agent to go to a physical BB store to do the price match.

I then called the BB support number, and reasoning with them (especially given the current pandemic situation) they ended up honoring it as a one-time courtesy. I don't know if it matters that I am a BB Platinum member, but it can't hurt to try.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
Picked up these this week. I bought the AirPods Pro a week ago, but my brain is physically rejecting them. Anyone else get motion sickness from ANC? I like the shorter stems of the Pros, but that’s about it. It’s a great deal and saves me $$&

Reactions: thejoshuabradshaw

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
I picked up AirPods with Charging Case 2nd gen at MicroCenter for $119.99. Cant beat the price if you care less for wireless charging case.

Reactions: Lancetx

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Picked up these this week. I bought the AirPods Pro a week ago, but my brain is physically rejecting them. Anyone else get motion sickness from ANC? I like the shorter stems of the Pros, but that’s about it. It’s a great deal and saves me $$&

Some have posted ANC causes internal pressure where it can cause ‘nausea and dizziness‘ when it’s active, there’s others who have shared similar symptoms as you have. The only solution would be to not use the ANC feature, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of the Pros in the first place. [Unless of course, you can accept the Pros What they are without the ANC.]

Last edited:

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
I got these for 99.98 yesterday on amazon. If you are an American Express card holder it’s worth checking to see if you are entitled to the promotion when you use points. Luckily I received a 40% of any item.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
While I share your frustration with how disposable many tech items have become, a pair of AirPods that gave you 2 years of enjoyment for about 22 cents a day does seem to be a pretty amazing deal. :)
Ok, well when you put it that way... :)

For those who may have a Micro Center nearby (within 25 miles of you), I was able to get Best Buy to price match for $129.99. It is highly YMMV though because I was turned down through the BB Chat, due to the Micro Center deal being in-store only, and was instructed by the Chat agent to go to a physical BB store to do the price match.

I do have a Micro Ctr about 14 miles from me, love that store and missing just going inside browsing. My local Best Buy about 2 miles away- hit or miss...I've had associates always price match M.C., yet a few times I would get someone that tries to claim they "don't price match Micro Ctr.," even the manager on duty at the time won't give in - kind of depends on how much Best Buy will lose. Oh well...no sale then!

thejoshuabradshaw

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2018
Huntsville, Alabama
I hated them so much as well. I had the same problem as well. For NC, I will stick to over-ear design. It also seemed like I had to actually think about them to use every time as well. My first gens, just stick them in my ears and go.

Reactions: rillrill

ani4ani

Cancelled
May 4, 2012

....for the environmental or you?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Every day price of $139.99 at Costco.

Nope, it’s not. You’re seeing the standard AirPods without the wireless charging case. But then again, I don’t think consumers generally will spend the extra money for the ‘wireless charging case’, especially given that wireless charging really is still a very ‘niche‘ category. I personally would just opt for the standard AirPods.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA

What's really bizarre - or ugh, after 2 years this is totally new to me?? (which will make me feel dumb :rolleyes: )...I was doing some audio editing this morning - my Air Pods gen 1 in my ears. Battery like I mentioned is pretty bad, after 35-40 minutes of editing, right ear pod is down to 12% - Left pod - 22%.

So whatever, I just dropped the Right earpod into the charging case and worked with the left pod in ear (notification on iPhone pops up, shows charging...but the notification disappears after 90 sec, 2min. max)

I then open the case and the right ear pod now shows 93%. Huh?? Did the same darn thing with the Left pod...this was showing erratic numbers 22% to 35% down to 27%, back to 31%...then blinking and the notification disappeared. I opened the case and left pod is suddenly up to 96%.

In the past when the battery % would get this low on my Airpods, I would just simply be done with them - throw them in the charger and come back much later to use them again.

So...um, I knew about the "quick charge." with one pod, but this seemed extremely unusual. VERY odd!
Not even sure if the % numbers are right??

Even though I'm not getting a full hour out of one charge now - or at least that's what my phone is showing, I guess I can just simply pop and the pod in the charger for about 120 seconds and that's it...a full charge again??

It's SLIGHT inconvenience, very slight - but not as frustrating as it used to be for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.