Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bergmef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
North East, MD, USA
Just updated to sonoma, figured the bugs were out, but ran into an issue. The previous OS was working fine, yes I know I should not have updated then but didn't want to get too far behind, and now I have a problem. I get a daily popup to Sign in with apple id to continue using account services on this mac. Now that one does not match my iCloud because of the way apple forced previous users to set things up. Does anyone know of any way to fix this or will I be restoring from backup? I've called apple twice with no luck other that 'enter the password while I'm watching, oh, it went away? Well call us if it does it again'

Any suggestions?!?

Thanks,
me

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
I get a daily popup to Sign in with apple id to continue using account services on this mac. Now that one does not match my iCloud because of the way apple forced previous users to set things up.
Can you elaborate on "because of the way apple forced previous users to set things up"? I suspect the issue is related but your statement is not specific enough to provide help. Exactly what was "forced"?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
It sounds a bit like you used an older AppleID once, and have a different one now. Is that it?

bergmef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
North East, MD, USA
Forced was the wrong word, I meant 'defaulted' in a way. When I started with an apple ID, it was outside of apple (comcast email for login). When I signed up for MobileMe, and started using that, I didn't realize when I bought apps, it had changed from the comcast id to the mobile me. All my fault that I did not notice and soon had half my apple on each. I then rebought half that were MobileMe side since they were cheaper and got them back under one. MobileMe died and became what it is now and I use it for mail/calendar but the apps are with the comcast id. So now I get a prompt every day to log in to the comcast id to continue using the the apps. And it started with the upgrade to Sonoma.

Sorry for the word forced, my apologies. Default would have been better because the app store years ago was on my comcast id and when MobileMe went away to apple id, it changed my app store from comcast id to the new apple id. I should have noticed. Not blaming anyone other than myself. Just thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone recognized my issue (all of my doing) and had any advice.

Thanks, have a great day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.