Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lakris

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2020
Norway
I wanted to see how good my battery health is on my iPhone 15pro so I installed the coconut battery app on my MBA m3 and connected my iPhone through the charging port on my MBA. But I still can't see the battery stats on the coconut battery app. What is it that I'm missing? I thought you could use the coconut battery app with the phone that way?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Poke around on the coconut app interface. The battery stats are there but not super obvious

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
I saw this thing mentioned on Gilligan's Island decades ago; didn't realize it was an app... :D

Lakris

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2020
Norway
I can't find the iPhone in Finder, where should I spot it? There is a sound when I connect the phone, but I have no idea where it is located.
When I open the coconut battery-app it won't do anything other than the spinning circle...

Lakris

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2020
Norway
Thanks for all the help, I finally found the problem, it was the cable all along.
Is it weird that coconut battery thinks battery health is 100% but the phone itself says it's (only) 99%? Not that its important but...

Reactions: HuNay
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.