Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hey guys,

I have a very weird App Store update issue: I can't update my email app (Spark) anymore :-( For the last 2 updates that were released on the App Store, the procedure was exactly the same:
  1. I tapped on "Update"
  2. The download / install process with the blue circle got stuck at around 60%
  3. It was completely stuck, I couldn't cancel the process. Even completely quitting and re-launching the App Store app didn't help. It was still stuck
  4. Then I rebooted my iPhone and after around 15 seconds the update automatically continued downloading / installing. I didn't even go into the App Store, it just automatically happened while I was still on the home screen (I saw on the Spark icon that the installation was ongoing)
As I mentioned, this exact issue happened for BOTH recent updates to the app... I don't have any issues with other apps. What's going on there? Now I re-installed the app but I don't know if that will fix it for future updates. Anyone else had a similar experience once? Thanks!

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Not sure if I've had that issue but the fix for update problems or problems after an update has always been delete and reinstall.
Thank you! I re-installed the app and could then successfully install the update that got released after that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.