Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a Beats Solo Buds unboxing video on YouTube, providing a closer look at the wireless earbuds before they launch next week.

beats-solo-buds-red-pairing.jpg

Priced at $79.99, the Beats Solo Buds feature up to 18 hours of battery life, a USB-C carrying case, and Find My support on both iOS and Android. However, they lack active noise cancellation, and the carrying case does not have a built-in battery and can only charge the earbuds when a USB-C cable is connected to an external power source.

More details about the earbuds can be found in our initial coverage of the Beats Studio Buds announcement back in late April.

Beats Solo Buds will be available to pre-order on Apple's online store starting Tuesday, June 18, ahead of a Thursday, June 20 launch.

Article Link: Beats Solo Buds Unboxed, Available to Order Starting Next Week

Last edited:

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
maybe when my original AirPods are done, I will look at these. I always have my AirPods in transparency mode so don't need noise cancellation really, I have my QC35 for that

AlexJaye

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
While my AirPods Pro battery life is abysmal and Apple should be ashamed of it, I do appreciate the flexibility of having a portable battery in the storage case itself. But 18 hours (rated, but real life?) isn’t bad.

Elpres81

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2023
I've been using anc less and less, to the point I use my airpod 3's over my pros. So I may actually give these a shot

Reactions: airbatross

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Are Beats still as crappy as they used to be? I know they used to have ridiculous bass boost always turned on.
No the sound was changed long ago when the Beats Studio 3's came out like 5yrs ago?

But these Solo Buds come complete with a Kim.Kardashian fake model just to clue you in its like an energizer bunny that just keeps going an jumping onto the next and next lol

Reactions: wbeasley

d686546s

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2021
These might be good as a cheaper second pair, but I wouldn't want to have headphones without ANC as my daily driver even though I use transparency mode most of the time.

But ANC is a godsend in some situations, ie on an overcrowded commuter train or when people in the office refuse to use their indoor voices.

UltimaKilo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
FL
They’re rated for 18 hours of battery life on their own. Honestly I’d trade a charging case for battery life like that, I always seem to have to charge 3/4 of the way through a flight 🙄
Agreed. However, even a small battery case that can give you an extra 5-6 hours of juice would be welcomed.

• Disagree
Reactions: gtjacket123

Reeneman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2021
In my opinion a pretty dumb and unnecessary product. Putting in a battery in the case might be an additional 2-3 bucks for production cost.
There are far far better products available for a similar or even lower price with a regular „battery“-case for such earpieces.

At least 18 hrs for the buds itself is pretty good, to say something positive here.

wbeasley

macrumors 65832
Nov 23, 2007
Agreed. However, even a small battery case that can give you an extra 5-6 hours of juice would be welcomed.
and boost the price a lot and increase weight and add circuitry to manage battery and report levels.

these are pure simple low end buds.

• Love
Reactions: gtjacket123
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.