Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today continued with the launch of its annual "Back to School" promotion, debuting back to school deals in most countries in Europe, some countries in Asia, the Middle East, and Mexico.

back-to-school-2024.jpg

Higher education students and educators in the UK can get up to a £120 Apple gift card with the purchase of select Macs and iPads, which is a similar deal to the one that went live in the United States and Canada last month.

Apple is offering a £120 gift card with any new MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac, and a £80 gift card with the purchase of any new M4 iPad Pro, M2 iPad Air, or Mac mini. The gift card can be used towards purchases of Apple products and accessories, App Store apps, subscriptions to services like Apple Music, iCloud+ storage, and more.

Meanwhile in most other countries, Apple is offering AirPods with every Mac or an Apple Pencil with every iPad sold through its education stores.

Apple is providing its standard educational discounts, and students are able to get lower prices on Macs and iPads through the EDU store in each country, a link to which can be found under "Education" at the bottom of regional Apple stores. Students are also eligible for AppleCare+ at a 20% discount.

Apple's Back to School promotion requires verification through UNiDAYS in many countries, with full terms and conditions available on the promotional pages for Apple's country-specific websites.

Apple's Back to School Promotion will last through October 21, 2024 in most of the above listed countries, but it does end in September in some locations, such as Mexico.

Article Link: Apple's Back to School Sale Live in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East

Reactions: adrianlondon

Fraserh02

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
I find it odd that you only get a £80 gift card with an iPad Pro when the MacBook Air gets £120 and they both have the same starting price..

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
That's a bit soon for back to school, isn't it? Considering British kids are still at school and the holidays haven't even begun. It's not usually this early is it? Normally an August/September thing, no?

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Oh, wow, it runs until the end of October. That means the "back to school" offer now runs for 1/3 of the year. They might as well just have this as a standard offer for students all year round.

So, do we think this means new Macs will be released on the first week of November?

Reactions: Plutonius

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Usually sometime before summer holidays start.
My brother in law, who is from Thailand, visited Scotland a couple of summers ago. He was sitting in a pub garden in jeans and a coat, and remarked to my sister that it was a "bit cold"... it was the hottest day of the year up there. 😂

Reactions: StoneJack

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
My brother in law, who is from Thailand, visited Scotland a couple of summers ago. He was sitting in a pub garden in jeans and a coat, and remarked to my sister that it was a "bit cold"... it was the hottest day of the year up there. 😂
Doesn’t take much sunshine to trigger a Taps Aff event.

Reactions: ric22

wib

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2013
I wonder should I take advantage of it while being in Japan with that exchange rate being fabulous!
Sadly, it was from February to April, so we missed out on the discount and deals on the new iPads here. The Yen is really weak, and prices are really high, so it would have been a great help.

Reactions: Minato1990
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.