Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Excited for WWDC 2024? Get in the mood with the official Apple Music playlist for the event, which features 20 songs from a variety of artists, including Billie Eilish, Sabrina Carpenter, Tommy Richman, Dominic Fike, and others.

wwdc-2024-main-image-feature.jpg

"Check out this playlist of summer sounds to get ready for the biggest Apple developer event of the year," said Apple, in a social media post today.

WWDC 2024 kicks off with Apple's keynote on June 10 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, with the company expected to outline its AI strategy following the rise of services like ChatGPT. Apple will preview its latest software updates during the keynote, including iOS 18, iPadOS 18, macOS 15, watchOS 11, tvOS 18, visionOS 2, and more.

Apple shared the full schedule for WWDC 2024 this week, and the Apple Developer app should be updated for the event soon. In addition to being posted on Apple's website, WWDC sessions will be available on YouTube going forward.

Article Link: Apple Shares WWDC 2024 Playlist With One Hour of 'Summer Sounds'

topdrawer

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2012
I'm not seeing where it says they have to be "current" summer songs.

That's probably why the #2 song by Djo, "End of Beginning," is from 2022

true. my second argument would be just like Summer Movies, we aren't looking at quality here, no reason for them to be great albums

spaxxedout

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2018
The only acceptable song to get hyped for WWDC is Gemini Dream by The Moody Blues.

Lynxpoint

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2005
I always wonder who picks the music that Apple uses, as it has never been anything I can stand listening to (just thinking of the previous article about creating on iPad where it was cool once I hit mute.)

Reactions: Sandstorm

Lynxpoint

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2005
Maybe it’s your own taste in music that you should be questioning, not Apple’s.
I tried that once... I did the trial of Apple Music... It imported my seemingly large iTunes library, and then proceeded to recommend new music, of which I did not like any of, and went back to Deezer and Spotify. :)

(According to Spotify, I listened to 76 genres of music last year, but none if it was on Apple's playlists...lol)

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
This logo looks a bit like a subwoofer/speaker... The official logo for wwdc looks like a portion of a talking bubble...

New HomePods for developers? Apple using AI to introduce a better Siri? One that succeeds where Siri1 and Alexa failed?

M4 Homepod?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.