Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple plans to introduce a new green color option for the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini at its "Peek Performance" event tomorrow, according to Luke Miani, host of a tech channel on YouTube. This would be similar to Apple announcing a purple color option for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini at its April 2021 event last year.

Green-iPhone-13-Purple-iPad-Air.jpeg

Miani said Apple also plans to introduce a purple color option for the iPad Air, as is already available for the iPad mini. A new iPad Air as a whole is expected, with key new features rumored to include an A15 chip, an upgraded 12-megapixel Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage support, 5G for cellular models, and Quad-LED True Tone flash.

Mockups of what the new colors could look like were shared by concept artist Ian Zelbo, and more details are available in an AppleTrack blog post.

Apple's virtual "Peek Performance" event takes place on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, with a video stream to be available on Apple's website and YouTube. MacRumors will have full coverage of the event as it unfolds, with other rumored announcements including a new iPhone SE, a so-called "Mac Studio" desktop computer, a new external display, and more.

Article Link: Apple Rumored to Announce Green iPhone 13 and Purple iPad Air at 'Peek Performance' Event

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
The green in this render looks so slick!

I really wish they bring back the green color to this year's flagship models, I might finally upgrade

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
That purple that released last year for the 12 was absolutely gorgeous. I was disappointed they didn't carry it over to the 13. Green looks ok.

I was going to get a purple iPad mini 6 as it was nice too, but cancelled my order after seeing the Jelly Scroll issue first hand. Wonder if that means they are carrying over the same iPad mini 6 colors to the iPad Air 5.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
I'd probably go for a green iPhone 13 Mini. I was already thinking of swapping my iPhone 12 Mini for an iPhone 13 Mini, but going for a very similar shade of blue didn't seem super appealing.

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U

acblue94

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
New York, NY.

Apple plans to introduce a new green color option for the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini at its "Peek Performance" event tomorrow, according to Luke Miani, host of a tech channel on YouTube. This would be similar to Apple announcing a purple color option for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini at its April 2021 event last year.

Green-iPhone-13-Purple-iPad-Air.jpeg

Miani said Apple also plans to introduce a purple color option for the iPad Air, as is already available for the iPad mini. A new iPad Air as a whole is expected, with key new features rumored to include an A15 chip, an upgraded 12-megapixel Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage support, 5G for cellular models, and Quad-LED True Tone flash.

Mockups of what the new colors could look like were shared by concept artist Ian Zelbo, and more details are available in an AppleTrack blog post.

Apple's virtual "Peek Performance" event takes place on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, with a video stream to be available on Apple's website and YouTube. MacRumors will have full coverage of the event as it unfolds, with other rumored announcements including a new iPhone SE, a so-called "Mac Studio" desktop computer, a new external display, and more.

Article Link: Apple Rumored to Announce Green iPhone 13 and Purple iPad Air at 'Peek Performance' Even
Wow groundbreaking.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Yeah, yet another another pastel color?
My mother is in fashion, and she said colors are mostly dictated by the small number of companies that make dyes. They send samples out so far in advance that any company interested in fashion can prepare to match even if they don’t make clothes.

I suspect that Apple’s pastel fetish is influenced by this.

Reactions: Enadiz and NMBob
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.