Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today began offering refurbished Studio Display models in the United States, with the display available at a lower price for the first time since its March 2022 launch.

apple-studio-display-blue.jpg

There are multiple variants of the Studio Display available for purchase, including the base model with tilt-adjustable stand and the model that has nano-texture glass. The base Studio Display is available for $1,359, down from the original price of $1,599. The nano-texture model with tilt adjustable stand is available for $1,609, with the nano-texture add-on meant to minimize glare.

The 27-inch Studio Display features a 5K resolution, 600 nits brightness, True Tone, Wide color support, and more. It is equipped with multiple ports and is compatible with modern Macs.

Studio Display supplies will vary as available models are added to the refurbished store over time, so we could also see discounted height adjustable models in the future.

Apple’s refurbished products are essentially identical to new products and go through Apple’s refurbishment process that includes full functionality testing. Refurbished products are eligible for AppleCare+ and have the same 14-day return period as new Apple devices.

Article Link: Apple Now Selling Refurbished Studio Display Models

Last edited:

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
If I could attach a PS5 and use it for more than my Mac, I’d probably buy one of this refurb units (or at least I would think about it, because it is one of the very few glossy finished high res displays on the market).

But being a 5K screen, clearly I cannot run 4K games from my PS5 on this sharp screen.

I guess I’ll keep waiting for 4K glossy/glass finished screens to become popular, sometime in the future…

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
Isn't it meant to be kinda crap or at least very overpriced compared to alternatives? I bet Apple are saving the really good stuff for the next generation.

No. It's a superb 5K display for people engaged in creative endeavors such as photography, videography, etc. It's not for gamers, people surfing the web, making spreadsheets, word-processing, coding, etc.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
No. It's a superb 5K display for people engaged in creative endeavors such as photography, videography, etc. It's not for gamers, people surfing the web, making spreadsheets, word-processing, coding, etc.
I like coding on my 5K iMac, the screen is very sharp for reading code and gives plenty of space. This with a 32 GB RAM M-series Mac mini would be the preferred setup to replace my 5K iMac. But the cost of this setup will have me procrastinating for some time.

Last edited:

Gk200062YVR

macrumors regular
May 31, 2022
San Jose, CA

Apple today began offering refurbished Studio Display models in the United States, with the display available at a lower price for the first time since its March 2022 launch.

apple-studio-display-blue.jpg

There are multiple variants of the Studio Display available for purchase, including the base model with tilt-adjustable stand and the model that has nano-texture glass. The base Studio Display is available for $1,359, down from the original price of $1,599. The nano-texture model with tilt adjustable stand is available for $1,609, with the nano-texture add-on meant to minimize glare.

The 27-inch Studio Display features a 5K resolution, 600 nits brightness, True Tone, Wide color support, and more. It is equipped with multiple ports and is compatible with modern Macs.

Studio Display supplies will vary as available models are added to the refurbished store over time, so we could also see discounted height adjustable models in the future.

Apple’s refurbished products are essentially identical to new products and go through Apple’s refurbishment process that includes full functionality testing. Refurbished products are eligible for AppleCare+ and have the same 14-day return period as new Apple devices.

Article Link: Apple Now Selling Refurbished Studio Display Models
Finally, people can buy an Apple affordable monitor.

switz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
East edge of Phoenix urban sprawl
I waited for the early bugs to be squashed in both a pair of the Studio Displays and a fully optioned Mac Studio. Have the pair of VESA mounted Studio Displays on the wall and the Mac Studio below. Makes for a fantastic system. This was a big upgrade from my 2013 Mac Pro (cylinder) six core, 128GB of ram and a 2TB SSD and a pair of Thunderbolt 27" displays.

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
Worst built-in webcam in an Apple product since my 2009 MacBook Pro. Unless you don’t mind the uncropped feed where you’re tiny in the frame. The resolution is pretty good there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.