Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today rolled out a monthly version of Apple Music Replay, allowing subscribers to see statistics about their listening habits on a more regular basis (via Engadget).

Apple-Music-Replay-2024-Feature.jpg

The new Apple Music Replay variant offers a more granular version of the full, annual Apple Music Replay experience offered toward the end of the year, which takes a retrospective look back at a user's entire year of music consumption.

The monthly version of the feature shows the total number of listening minutes for the previous month and top artists, songs, and albums, as well as monthly milestones. This data is archived and continues to be available for revisiting at a later date, allowing users to see go back and see Replays for previous months.

The feature is viewable at replay.music.apple.com and remains a browser-only experience. Unlike the annual version, the monthly version of Apple Music Replay does not come with an accompanying playlist that can be added to a user's library or a highlight reel.

Article Link: Apple Music Launches Monthly Replay Experience

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: iLuddite and MCKLMT

Metallifani

Suspended
Feb 7, 2024
My favorite artists and recently played are not updating, dont know what the issue is.

And yes, it says to me that I didnt listen enough. I really dont listen to music enough, I might cancel the subscription aswell because theres no sense to pay for it if Im not using the service at all. Being unemployed sucks, its hard to find things in life that gives any joy.

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2022
I don’t have the need to use this feature, replay 24 is for Jan 2024. I would like to use this as the months add up. Hopefully Apple adds this to App, not website in next updates.

They provide more metrics on how many minutes listened, top artists, albums..
IMG_7672.jpeg

Last edited:

txscott

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2012
The existence and quality of a feature that answers questions I have never once asked concerns me only because it means Apple wasted time that could have been used to do useful things.

wanha

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2020
Basically... screen time for Apple Music, accessible only on the web... sure, makes total sense 👌

• Haha
Reactions: TwoBytes

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
Replay has been such a strange experience for me. Now I’ve got the 2015 and 2024 replay playlists in the app, not other years. Monthly seems to work for me. I’ve not changed any settings, it’s a complete mystery why 2016-2023 don’t appear.

Reactions: mjs916

LilyAa

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2023
I am hopelessly waiting for them to open their api a bit so last.fm scrobbling will work without micro management and third party apps and very specific user habits + a discover weekly-like feature like spotify has

FaustsHausUK

Contributor
Mar 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Last year, I started using Last.fm again. TIDAL has a scrobbler baked in on all platforms, and the AudioScrobbler app soaks up everything I listen to in Music, so I'm covered wherever I'm listening to music. I like that Apple is improving their recap offering but I need something broader than a single service.

windywalks

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2004
Such an easy to implement feature, yet so complicated - why is this web only?

Also - better algorithmic playlists would be a much more useful addition. My For You weekly playlist is completely bonkers - how on Earth is it suddenly Romanian dance and Japanese game music, when all I listen to these days is alt rock?

Getting music suggestions together should be a much higher priority than a feature that nobody's asking for.

Reactions: TwoBytes

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
I want AI playlists that will perfectly curate what I want at the moment, and also ones that generate endless original instrumental music to my tastes and moods.

Reactions: Eldaerenth Faexidor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.