Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today rolled out a new design on iCloud.com following several weeks of beta testing. The page now features a colorful wallpaper with tiles for your Apple ID account and Apple apps like Photos, Mail, iCloud Drive, Calendar, and Notes. There is also a tile with icons for additional apps like Find My, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and more.

icloud-com-redesign.jpg

The page can be customized, with users able to choose which apps appear in each tile or remove a tile entirely. The bottom of the page displays your iCloud storage plan and usage, as well as a link to recover recently deleted files from iCloud Drive and other apps.

In the top menu bar, users can click or tap on the plus sign to create a new email, note, calendar event, and more. The menu also provides access to settings for iCloud+ features such as Hide My Email, iCloud Private Relay, and HomeKit Secure Video.

All in all, the redesigned iCloud.com page provides a more streamlined experience that makes it easier to view information at a glance.

(Thanks, Joern Hartmann!)

Article Link: Apple Launches Revamped iCloud.com Website With All-New Design

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
In Safari, if you use add a large "apps" tile, the apps spill over on the right. Have not checked on other browsers.

Update: It looks right in Chrome. It's just messed up in Safari.

Last edited:
Reactions: nvmls

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
Apple cant allow messages over the web. It would give people a way to leave iPhone for Android.
With iMessage not being supported by android?.. I don't think that is their concern — why would anyone who wants to switch to android even care about this?

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
With iMessage not being supported by android?.. I don't think that is their concern — why would anyone who wants to switch to android even care about this?
I guarantee you this is at least half the reason why messages has never come to the web. The other half is that apple wants you to use the app on your mac (which means you need to own a mac).

Remember Windows and Android devices can access and use icloud.com.

To answer your second question: Because I could get an Android phone and still keep my icloud email address attached to iMessages and use it over the web. I could essentially have my cake and eat it to.

You will never see iMessages on icloud.com.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado

Apple today rolled out a new design on iCloud.com following several weeks of beta testing. The page now features a colorful wallpaper with tiles for your Apple ID account and Apple apps like Photos, Mail, iCloud Drive, Calendar, and Notes. There is also a tile with icons for additional apps like Find My, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and more.

icloud-com-redesign.jpg

The page can be customized, with users able to choose which apps appear in each tile or remove a tile entirely. The bottom of the page displays your iCloud storage plan and usage, as well as a link to recover recently deleted files from iCloud Drive and other apps.

In the top menu bar, users can click or tap on the plus sign to create a new email, note, calendar event, and more. The menu also provides access to settings for iCloud+ features such as Hide My Email, iCloud Private Relay, and HomeKit Secure Video.

All in all, the redesigned iCloud.com page provides a more streamlined experience that makes it easier to view information at a glance.

(Thanks, Joern Hartmann!)

Article Link: Apple Launches Revamped iCloud.com Website With All-New Design
I just used it and was very very impressed.

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
I guarantee you this is at least half the reason why messages has never come to the web. The other half is that apple wants you to use the app on your mac (which means you need to own a mac).

Remember Windows and Android devices can access and use icloud.com.

To answer your second question: Because I could get an Android phone and still keep my icloud email address attached to iMessages and use it over the web. I could essentially have my cake and eat it to.

You will never see iMessages on icloud.com.
I suppose we're all different, I for one have no interest in an android at all, but I respect others' desire to want one. However, should Apple add iMessage to iCloud(not saying they will) — I don't expect a great deal of iPhone users to switch over to android. If you want to use an android phone, why do you even want iMessage?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.