Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the launch of the new iPhone 15 models, Apple has discontinued the iPhone 13 mini, the last remaining flagship iPhone under six inches. Apple only made two 5.4-inch iPhone minis, the iPhone 12 mini and the iPhone 13 mini.

iPhone-13-mini-side-by-side.jpeg

The iPhone 12 mini was discontinued with the launch of the iPhone 14, leaving the iPhone 13 mini as the only smaller flagship option. The iPhone SE is still available to those who want something smaller than 6.1 inches, but it does not have modern features like Face ID.

Apple is continuing to sell the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 14 as lower-cost options that are offered as an alternative to the iPhone 15. The iPhone 12 has also been discontinued and replaced with the iPhone 13, which has dropped in price. Apple's full device lineup is as follows:
  • iPhone SE - $429
  • iPhone 13 - $599
  • iPhone 14 - $699
  • iPhone 15 - $799
  • iPhone 15 Plus - $899
  • iPhone 15 Pro - $999
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max - $1199
While the iPhone 13 mini and the iPhone 12 have been discontinued by Apple, they may still be available from the refurbished store while supplies last, and third-party retailers will also have some stock available until it sells out.

Article Link: Apple Discontinues 5.4-Inch iPhone 13 Mini, Still Sells iPhone 13 and iPhone 14

Sykora171

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2015
Pittsburgh
Upgraded from 12 mini to 13 mini a few months ago in preparation. Planning on holding onto the 13 mini for as long as I can! I think it’s the perfect form factor for me. And I have large hands!

As far as the minis go, the 13 has been amazing in terms of not getting hot and battery life compared to the 12. But I do miss the minty green color of the 12 mini.

RIP Mini!

businessnumbersmoneypeopl

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2020
Going to continue using my iPhone 13 mini for as long as I can, but might have to switch to Android afterwards, even if it's super annoying with a Mac and an iPad as other devices. Of course there aren't that many Androids either that you can use with one hand, but at least they exist. It's mind-boggling why can't they turn the Mini into a new SE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.