Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has a big sale on the 24-inch M3 iMac, including both 256GB and 512GB models. All of these deals require you to clip an on-page coupon in order to see the final deal price at the checkout screen, and in every case these are all-time low prices.

iMac-Deals-Gray-2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 8-core GPU/256GB M3 iMac, this model is available for $1,149.99 in three colors with the on-page coupon, down from $1,299.00. Amazon also has the 10-core GPU/256GB M3 iMac on sale for $1,349.99 with a coupon, down from $1,499.00. This one is also available in three colors.

Note: You won't see the deal price until checkout.

Lastly, the 10-core GPU/512GB M3 iMac has hit $1,549.99 in two colors, down from $1,699.00. All of Amazon's deals today are record low prices on the M3 iMac, and right now only Amazon is offering these steep discounts.

Apple launched the M3 iMac back in October 2023, bringing significant speed and efficiency improvements with the upgrade from the M1 to the M3 chip. Otherwise, there are no major design changes to the newest iMac model. Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Amazon Introduces Record Low Prices on M3 iMacs, Starting at $1,149.99

novagamer

macrumors regular
May 13, 2006
Came to say the same. Tsk tsk, MR.
The 8gb needs to be pointed out in every single post from now on; you already are feature limited – the new xcode prediction model won't work without 16GB minimum, and I expect more features will come that require that as a baseline in next year's OS. No one should be buying an 8GB machine at this point.

I'm trying out a 15" M3 Air for a week and I'm surprised how capable it is, but I've got 24GB of memory in it. Really looking forward to the M4 generation and hopefully a base-spec bump to 16GB, but I expect it won't come to the Airs or iMacs for a full year.

gleepskip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
I really hope this AI stuff will finally make Apple up the base RAM across the lineups

They are years behind on where that should be IMO

It's so frustrating

16 GB base would give 95% of users the experience they are seeking, especially spending a premium versus the mainstream PC brands. I understand Apple's strategy, but I detest it.

Microsoft Surface Laptop Copilot+ - 13.8" Touch-Screen - 16GB Memory - 256GB SSD = $999.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
I really hope this AI stuff will finally make Apple up the base RAM across the lineups

It's so frustrating
I've seen several people on MR say M4 Macs will have 12GB memory on base model, but if the new M4 iPad Pros are any indication, 8GB is here to say for a bit longer.

gleepskip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Granted .. if one wants to run macOS, they are stuck getting screwed by Apple price gouging ... what a company Tim has forged here..

I'm not touching Win11 + Copilot with a ten foot pole, but the average consumer doesn't have the prejudice I do. The drawback with the new CP+ machines is most Windows software is built for x64, not ARM.

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
The drawback with the new CP+ machines is most Windows software is built for x64, not ARM.

A ton of mainstream stuff is committed to ARM versions though, and the translation tech works very well according to those who've tested it (their take on Rosetta type of thing)

I'm rooting for it all -- Windows going big on ARM would benefit everyone

Last edited:

jeremz1ne

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv

It's so frustrating
Wont happen, they'll sell the 8gig ram and called the 16 gig the "pro" and charge and extra 450 bucks for it for basically 16 gigs of ram... nothing is cheap with apple how do you think they make so much $ every year not buy doing the right thing

Macaholic868

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2017
I'm not touching Win11 + Copilot with a ten foot pole, but the average consumer doesn't have the prejudice I do. The drawback with the new CP+ machines is most Windows software is built for x64, not ARM.

Windows 11 on ARM emulates x64 and x86 Windows code fairly well. Not as well as Rosetta could translate x64 MacOS code for Apple Silicon Macs I’m sure but I’ve been presently surprised running Windows on ARM in a VM on Parallels on my M3 Mac Pro. I’ve even got the developer version of SQL Server 2022 installed and running just fine in it. I can code in that VM as well as I can at work on a few year old Dell system with an Intel Core i5 processor, 16 GB of RAM and an SSD.

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
I'm actually worried for the Macintosh. Apple needs the M4 ASAP and it's a bit of a puzzle as to why all of the predictions are suggesting late 2024 or even 2025 for any updates to the Mac lineup.

The WWDC keynote performance was impressive but in now looks like many of those features won't appear until 2025 and given the recent improvements in PC hardware by the likes of Qualcomm's Snapdragon X Elite and soon-to-be AMD and Intel chips this means that Apple is now behind in AI and at a near stalemate in multicore performance between the base M3 and relatively low-cost PC hardware.

Apple still has advantages in performance per watt but it looks like the Snapdragon X Elite's battery life is going to be good enough to offer real competition to the MacBook Air.

If we don't see new and improved Macintosh hardware before this fall then I think Apple is going to have to lower prices or at least make 12-16GB of RAM standard on their "low end" with little to no price increase over the current 8GB systems.

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
The 8gb needs to be pointed out in every single post from now on; you already are feature limited – the new xcode prediction model won't work without 16GB minimum, and I expect more features will come that require that as a baseline in next year's OS. No one should be buying an 8GB machine at this point.

I'm trying out a 15" M3 Air for a week and I'm surprised how capable it is, but I've got 24GB of memory in it. Really looking forward to the M4 generation and hopefully a base-spec bump to 16GB, but I expect it won't come to the Airs or iMacs for a full year.
If you had a base model Air, you'd throw it. I had one for work and if I had 10 Chrome tabs open, MS Teams, a couple of word docs, and maybe a spread sheet I would get warning I was out of memory and it would crawl like a snail.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
It’s a shame they let their desktops be so low priority because personally I think those are the interesting devices, along with their iPads and iPhones and other smaller devices

Apple laptops are the most boring devices ever. At least windows machine are trying to be interesting and innovative, with mixed results sure but still.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Don't buy a single Apple Product with 8GB RAM. Demand that Apple up the base RAM to 16GB across the lineups.
I agree they should because of what they charge and where the rest of the industry is going, but if all you're doing is watching YouTube, shopping on Amazon, and sending emails, 8GB is plenty. I just don't want people to get the wrong impression, don't spend more on 16GB if you really don't need it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.