Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On Friday we tracked new all-time low prices on the 13-inch M3 MacBook Air, and today Amazon has expanded this sale with record low prices on the 15-inch models as well. Thanks to these additional deals, every single model of the M3 MacBook Air is now available at an all-time low price.

m3-macbook-air-purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 15-inch M3 MacBook Air, you can get the 256GB model for $1,129.00, down from $1,299.00. Both 512GB models are available on sale as well, and most have delivery dates for as soon as June 11 for United States residences.

Secondly, Amazon still has $200 off the 256GB 13-inch M3 MacBook Air, now available for $899.00 in every color, down from $1,099.00. Just like the 15-inch models, you can also find both 512GB 13-inch M3 MacBook Air on sale at best-ever prices.

If you need help deciding the right MacBook Air to purchase, be sure to read our buyer's guide comparing each generation of the computer. Additionally, we have a guide that breaks down all of the differences between the 13-inch and 15-inch sizes of the MacBook Air.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Amazon Introduces Record Low Prices on Every M3 MacBook Air

cdsapplefan

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2023
M4 "AI" MacBook Airs to be announced tomorrow..?
No Air announcement tomorrow, but probably M4 Mac Mini, M4 Mac Studio announcements.

Amazon wants to tempt you with a super fire sale on last generation M3, cause they know consumers gonna want the latest and greatest with the new M4 Pro and Max chips

• Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot and lyngo

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2020
Wow. Thats a better price than the refurb models available at Apple now. If I wasn’t outside the return window on my $699 Wal Mart M1 Air, I’d buy that in a second!

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
"Every single model" except those with 16GB RAM in the 256GB HDD version, so actually "not every single model." Please stop doing this.
That’s the one I’d probably want to get. I’m waiting for the back to school promotion, combined with the education discount and Florida’s back to school sales tax holiday. $100 off, $150 gift card (probably), and nearly $100 sales tax savings. Sign me up!

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
M4 "AI" MacBook Airs to be announced tomorrow..?

Not tomorrow, but they probably aren’t all that far off. Apple has significant incentive to migrate quickly to the M4 because they’re cheaper to produce.

Chances are, we won’t be waiting until 2025 for M4 MacBooks.

TheKDub

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2008
Not tomorrow, but they probably aren’t all that far off. Apple has significant incentive to migrate quickly to the M4 because they’re cheaper to produce.

Chances are, we won’t be waiting until 2025 for M4 MacBooks.
That being said, rumors have it that the AI features from WWDC won't be gated to M4 chips and anything from M1 onwards will support it. M4 will just get you the performance boost we've seen in the benchmarks from the latest iPad Pros.

What might be gated more significantly (according to rumors) will be the iPhones, where only iPhone 15 pro and 16s will support the full set of the AI features announced (which ones, we'll find out, but probably more of the LLM type features if I had to guess). I guess Apple needs to find a way to continue to drive iPhone sales after the last few models have been mostly stagnant imo.

Reactions: Reason077

Macaholic868

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2017
What might be gated more significantly (according to rumors) will be the iPhones, where only iPhone 15 pro and 16s will support the full set of the AI features announced (which ones, we'll find out, but probably more of the LLM type features if I had to guess). I guess Apple needs to find a way to continue to drive iPhone sales after the last few models have been mostly stagnant imo.

Agreed. I happened to buy a 15 Pro when it launched because my 12 Pro felt a title long in the tooth and I was switching from AT&T to T-Mobile anyway so I decided to take advantage of their generous bill credits in exchange for a two year deal allowing me to upgrade to a 15 Pro for chump change each month when otherwise I likely wouldn’t have. I have been pleasantly surprised with it since I bought the AVP and started shooting spatial video and even more so hearing it’ll support all of the AI features coming to iOS 18.

I can see users of the 14 Pro and below now feeling compelled to upgrade where they may not have before if the AI features that are iPhone 15/16 only prove useful. I’d certainly be in that boat myself if I were still on the 12 or on the 13 or 14.

randian

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2014
No Air announcement tomorrow, but probably M4 Mac Mini, M4 Mac Studio announcements.
That's what I'd like, but given this last week of sales at Best Buy and Amazon don't include the Mini or Studio I'm assuming the Air is the next M4 release. Doesn't make sense to me but it looks like Apple is putting the Mini and Studio on extended no-upgrade hiatus.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I think this is a reaction to Apple's Back to School 2024 sale, which launches in June. Expect $150 gift card, which along with $100 education discount, makes it a superior buy.

Reactions: dustin_

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Apple always loses me at 256GB starting storage. It’s been that since around 2015 for MBP.

Subliminal87

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2015
That’s the one I’d probably want to get. I’m waiting for the back to school promotion, combined with the education discount and Florida’s back to school sales tax holiday. $100 off, $150 gift card (probably), and nearly $100 sales tax savings. Sign me up!
I’m waiting for this too. I want the 16/256.

Debating if I wanna drive an hour and a half each way to not pay sales tax but it’s only $73 in tax. Probably cost $30alone in gas. So I’ll probably just order it online and pick up in store. I really wish stores stocked that version.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
I’m waiting for this too. I want the 16/256.

Debating if I wanna drive an hour and a half each way to not pay sales tax but it’s only $73 in tax. Probably cost $30alone in gas. So I’ll probably just order it online and pick up in store. I really wish stores stocked that version.
I don’t know if it is applicable to you but try to play with internet checkout page on apple.

For us in midwest, store pickup is a physical sale thus sales tax is greater percentage, versus ordering the same thing to be shipped.

Nick_P

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2020
"Every single model" except those with 16GB RAM in the 256GB HDD version, so actually "not every single model." Please stop doing this.
That's a custom config, as is the 24GB ram version, etc. Apple only has 3 standard skews of each screen size. All are on sale at amazon. Thankfully, apple now has at least 1 skew with 16GB ram, so we can take advantage of 3rd party sales.

Trusteft

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2014
I would be ashamed to sell a modern powerful (CPU wise as these are) computer with 256GB of SSD. Even 16GB of RAM is almost a joke.

Obviously I would never buy one if I had the money.

Disgusting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.