Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has removed the AirPods Pro from its website in the United States, making the noise-cancelling headphones unavailable to purchase on the Amazon marketplace. Whether the removal was accidental or on purpose is unclear, and as of writing you can still purchase the AirPods with Charging Case and AirPods with Wireless Charging Case for $139 and $169, respectively.

AirPods-PRo-isolated.png

Signs of the AirPods Pro's availability on Amazon still remain, as seen on the landing page for AirPods. Text remains for the AirPods Pro, but any images have been removed and the link is no longer clickable. Additionally, you can also still purchase AirPods accessories on Amazon, like the standalone Wireless Charging Case.

A similar occurrence happened with the Apple Watch Series 4 and Series 5 earlier in January, when Amazon silently pulled all listings for the smartwatches from its online store. A few hours after the removal, the Apple Watch did eventually return to Amazon, so there is a good possibility the same thing could happen with the AirPods Pro. Still, the AirPods Pro listing has been gone for at least 18 hours.

If you're shopping for deals on the AirPods Pro, Verizon is again offering the headphones for $219.99, down from $249.00. Like previous Verizon discounts, you'll need to add the AirPods Pro to your cart to see the $30 discount. Verizon supports free two day shipping, and some retail stores are offering same-day pick-up for some locations across the United States.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Thanks, Shawn!

Article Link: AirPods Pro Disappear From Amazon as Verizon's $219.99 Deal Returns

Last edited:

BlendedFrog

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
Don't know what Amazon did to piss off Apple, but I can go to my local Apple store (yes it is open) and get one today or have it shipped to me as quick as Wednesday.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
It's just a matter of time until we see this article updated saying they're back in stock.
Lol. Exactly what I thought when I read the title, because we all know if some new APP were coming soon, Jon, would have immediately said so on Twitter today.

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
USA
Not so sure, MR. I am able to add the AirPod Pro to my Amazon cart and it shows up fine as "Air Pod Pro" for $234.95 at checkout.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Update! They are available again.

really a slow day at MR to report on product availability. Let me know when TP is able to be ordered in any variety while you’re at it...

redneckitengineer

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2017
I think you are in the significant minority. Current firmware is really good for me and most based on feedback in the forums.
Me too. Ruined mine, can only bear to use them in "off" mode. Brilliant. {rolleyes}

Ready for it robertpetry, in addition to WBRacing above there's this:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/troubleshooting-airpods-pro-crackling-popping-issues.2238729/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/airpods-pro-crackling-sound-when-clearing-your-throat.2229621/
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ncellation-or-crackling-sound-issues.2234459/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/airpods-pro-rattlegate.2233658/

and since I don't feel like posting all the 4 pages of results, here's the search for yourself.

So......

Reactions: japanime

nylonsteel

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2010
imho
amazon is getting more crappy by the day
they used to be awsome
now they ship broken tv's, hard to reach live customer support, wacky price changes, etc.
even prime members aren't special anymore

richardprendervi@hotmail.

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2020

Amazon has removed the AirPods Pro from its website in the United States, making the noise-cancelling headphones unavailable to purchase on the Amazon marketplace. Whether the removal was accidental or on purpose is unclear, and as of writing you can still purchase the AirPods with Charging Case and AirPods with Wireless Charging Case for $139 and $169, respectively.

AirPods-PRo-isolated.png

Signs of the AirPods Pro's availability on Amazon still remain, as seen on the landing page for AirPods. Text remains for the AirPods Pro, but any images have been removed and the link is no longer clickable. Additionally, you can also still purchase AirPods accessories on Amazon, like the standalone Wireless Charging Case.

A similar occurrence happened with the Apple Watch Series 4 and Series 5 earlier in January, when Amazon silently pulled all listings for the smartwatches from its online store. A few hours after the removal, the Apple Watch did eventually return to Amazon, so there is a good possibility the same thing could happen with the AirPods Pro. Still, the AirPods Pro listing has been gone for at least 18 hours.

If you're shopping for deals on the AirPods Pro, Verizon is again offering the headphones for $219.99, down from $249.00. Like previous Verizon discounts, you'll need to add the AirPods Pro to your cart to see the $30 discount. Verizon supports free two day shipping, and some retail stores are offering same-day pick-up for some locations across the United States.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Thanks, Shawn!

Article Link: AirPods Pro Disappear From Amazon as Verizon's $219.99 Deal Returns
a new model must be arriving. last week i complained about a defective phone and they sent me a pair of pros as consolation for my frustration. they aren't using these as a promo item unless they are dumping them

dirtylilhobo

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2014
Southwest USA
Ordered AirPods Pro online this past Sunday from Apple Store for $224, just shipped today from Ji'an, China arriving Mon June 15..

Amazon has become notorious for counterfeit products. Ordered a pair of Leatherman Raptor shears and received a counterfeit. Arrived in exact same packaging as if from Leatherman but shears were loose and dull. Returned to Amazon for refund. Then ordered directly from Leatherman off their website and received a quality product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.