Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today introduced a new all-time low price on Apple's AirPods 3, now available for $129.89, down from $169.00. This is the model that comes with a Lightning Charging Case, and this sale price beats the previous record low price by about $10.

Airpods-3-Discount-Feature-Blue-Triad.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

AirPods 3 feature force sensor controls, Adaptive EQ, spatial audio with dynamic head tracking, and a streamlined design compared to the AirPods 2. The third-generation AirPods are a few years old at this point, with an updated model expected in just a few months, which is likely why we're starting to see big price drops online.

If you're looking for an even cheaper model, Amazon also has the AirPods 2 for $79.99, down from $129.00. Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: AirPods 3 Hit New All-Time Low Price of $129.89 on Amazon

i486dx2-66

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2013
I hope Apple keeps the AirPods 2 form factor around for a while. The AirPods 3 just don't fit or stay in my ears.

The hard part is deciding whether to grab another set of the twos while I can. At the end of the day, it's a 2019 product... Will there be an "AirPods SE" type release? Or will the AirPods 2 live forever as-is like the iPad 2 did?

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
I just can't use the standard AirPods in any situation where there's ambient noise. I find I have to turn them up horribly loud to drown out the sounds around me. They're fine in a quiet environment, but AirPods Pro are just so much more flexible and useful. (Unless you're one of those people who unfortunately can't get them to stay in their ears)

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011
3s fit my ears fine but it causes some kind of reaction in my ears. My ear canals feel swollen or closing up. Doesn't happen with the 2s. Not sure if the plastic is different.

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Good to see discounts. AirPods 2 are also available at a good price.

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
The Max dropped to $399 on Amazon, but I still can’t stomach paying such a high price for outdated tech. I also refuse to bring another lightning device into this house.

Sir_Macs_A_Lot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2020
I hope Apple keeps the AirPods 2 form factor around for a while. The AirPods 3 just don't fit or stay in my ears.

The hard part is deciding whether to grab another set of the twos while I can. At the end of the day, it's a 2019 product... Will there be an "AirPods SE" type release? Or will the AirPods 2 live forever as-is like the iPad 2 did?
Hopefully we'll hear something soon. I too am on the fence about what to get to replace my 2s. I want the 3s because of the sensor controls, but don't know if they'll fit like my 2s do. If only there was somewhere I could try out a pair that haven't been in someone's ears already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.