Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's next-generation Mac mini set to come out in 2024 will not feature an updated design, according to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. In a tweet today, Kuo said that the "next new Mac mini" will have the same "form factor design."

m1-mac-mini-vignette.jpg-feature.jpg

The M2 and M2 Pro versions of the Mac mini that Apple introduced today have the same design as the prior-generation M1 and Intel models, with no major external updates. Instead, the changes are all internal, featuring faster M-series chips.

There were 2021/2022 rumors that suggested the Mac mini could see a refreshed look with a plexiglass top and other new features, but that did not come to pass with this update.

Apple sells the Mac mini alongside the Mac Studio, which was introduced in spring 2022. The Mac Studio is using Apple's M1 Max and M1 Ultra chips, and it is due for an M2 refresh at some point.

Article Link: 2024 Mac Mini to Feature No Design Changes

Last edited:
Reactions: thejoshuabradshaw

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
Well, I mean, at least show the back of the current Mac mini? :)
This IS the back of the current one? Oh, well then nevermind :D

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
If it ain't broke, don't try fixing it. Its small enough and of course, it has enough room if Apple needs to accommodate better air flow for maybe even more powerful chips in the future. It doesn't take up a lot of space as it is.

i486dx2-66

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2013
We got a rare price decrease with this update, I am sure that will change with a redesign.
Agreed. This M2 release was unique in that it bumped *TWO* generations of Mac Minis out of the store - the legacy Intel Minis and the M1 generation.

So when the next refresh brings us the M3 and M3 Pro Minis, there's a good chance they will keep the M2 non-pro in the store at the same price as the "cheap" model, and get back to having a good/better/best lineup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.