Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

y.ah8708

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2024
Hello almost a week gps isn’t working after 17.5.1 ! Google map and etc it doesnt recognize my location

i did some solutions but still not working

any one ? Can relate

Reactions: CarBk

JemTheWire

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
No issues here on both my iPad Pro 11" M4 or iPhone 15 PM. Both running 17.5.1 since release candidate.

If it were a widespread issue these forums would be 'lit-up' with complaints.

You haven't told us what device/s you are having trouble with.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Zero issues iPhone 11Pro.

Check in some other app - I.e Organic Maps based on OSM.
If not work, check if Location is enabled in Settings > Privacy

If work check if google maps not lost privileges to use location services.

Nensy Thacker

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2024
Hey,

You can try enabling your Location Services

> Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Tap on Location Services and Toggle on it.
Scroll down and select any location tracking app (eg. Google Maps) > Select While using the App or Widgets > Toggle on Precise location

This should fix your GPS.

If you are still facing this issue then you can try some of these fixes :

> Check Date and Time Zone settings. Make sure there is no difference between your device’s time and the actual local time.
> Enable Compass Calibration
> Take your iPhone to an open area
> Put your iPhone in Airplane Mode
> Reset Location and Privacy Settings
> Reset Network Settings
> If nothing works then you can always restart your iPhone

Let me know what works for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Böhme417

Böhme417

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
I’ve been having cellular, wifi, and gps issues since 17.5.1. My gps location jumps all over the place. WiFi will not stay connected, and cellular data has been crap.

CarBk

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2024
Omaha
Hello almost a week gps isn’t working after 17.5.1 ! Google map and etc it doesnt recognize my location

i did some solutions but still not working

any one ? Can relate
I’m having a similar issue after installing 17.5.1 on my iPhone 12 Pro. Apple Maps, Google Maps or other apps that use GPS do not work when I’m inside my 2021 VW Tiguan.

When I’m outside the car the map apps are displayed correctly on my phone. I can view the local map and can successfully set a destination.

However, when I get into the car, with the same map active and displayed on my phone, and wirelessly connect to CarPlay the existing map fails. I’m unable to set a destination.

These same apps work fine when I’m in the car if I disable CarPlay. As soon as I enable CarPlay the map display will start to disappear as I drive away from the current location.

Bottom line, if I want to use a map app I must disable CarPlay and use the app from my phone. I’m unable to use CarPlay if I want to use GPS.

Other apps work correctly, these include Phone, Messaging, Podcast, Music, etc. As long as the app doesn’t use GPS.

Note: I discovered the Find My app does not work if my phone is connected to CarPlay, even though the app doesn’t use CarPlay. Again, if I disable CarPlay the app works fine.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
I was just in Japan and GPS was terrible on our 13 Pro and my new 15 Pro Max.
14 Pro was a little better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.