does apple+ charge per episode to watch series?

I want to binge Dallas but don't know if the charge on my device is per episode or for a season.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 12:47 PM

By the season -- see screenshot from Apple TV app below and not the "Buy Season" white button:

6 replies

Jul 5, 2024 3:27 PM in response to FoxFifth

I assume you mean note (rather than not) the "buy season" button. None of the devices I use to watch Apple TV+ have the "buy season" button, or I wouldn't have asked the question. When I try to rent or buy series episodes, all indications are that I would be paying 2.49 per episode. I'm reluctant to proceed, since I'm not willing to pay 500 dollars for a series.

Jul 5, 2024 3:37 PM in response to watchingclassicseries

AppleTV+ is Apple’s streaming service for Apple Original content.

Dallas is not AppleTV+ content.

It is not available through AppleTV+.

AppleTV is an application available on iOS, Macs and some TVs.

It is an application that congregates content from several streaming services into one place.

Purchases from the media store, specifically tv shows, are available to purchase as a whole season or you can buy individual episodes.

Jul 5, 2024 4:25 PM in response to watchingclassicseries

watchingclassicseries wrote:

I assume you mean note (rather than not) the "buy season" button. None of the devices I use to watch Apple TV+ have the "buy season" button, or I wouldn't have asked the question. When I try to rent or buy series episodes, all indications are that I would be paying 2.49 per episode. I'm reluctant to proceed, since I'm not willing to pay 500 dollars for a series.

Yes, I did mean note.

When I click the Buy Season button shown in my screenshot above in the U.S. in the Apple TV app on a Mac, the only option I am given is for season 1 for $19.99.

What devices and apps and in what country are you seeing the 2.49 option?

does apple+ charge per episode to watch series?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.