Apple TV stuck at "downloaded" page

The Apple TV app on my iPad gets stuck on the "Downloaded" page and there's no way to exit, go to home, etc. This has happened twice in 2 days. Yesterday, after reading queries and replies here, I turned my iPad off and turned it on again and the prowas solved. Today, no such luck. This is incredibly frustrating; I signed up for Apple One yesterday and will almost certainly have to cancel if I cannot resolve this, because Apple TV will be useless. Also frustrating because I see comments about this same problem from 2019, so apparently Apple hasn't been able to fix it in more than three years? Thanks for any suggestions.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 6:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 9:56 PM

Here’s what I found:

Whenever I was stuck on the download page, it was because I was not connected to Wi-Fi. Once I connected to Wi-Fi, the little icon in the upper left corner was available, and I could see all the other options.

6 replies

Apr 6, 2023 11:37 AM in response to Suzie Mid

Hi Suzie Mid,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We would recommend the steps below if an app is unresponsive that can help:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Close and reopen the app
Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

Restart your device
Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

Check for updates
To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

Delete the app, then redownload it
Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Get more help
* If the App Store itself is not responding, contact Apple Support for your iPhone or for your iPad.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Apple TV stuck at "downloaded" page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.