Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

LCoronis

Location based phone number search

SOLVE

We want to be able to have a location field for people to type in where they are located and that will determine the phone number we suggest they call for customer support since we have quite a few. What would be the best way to do this? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
RSchweighart
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @LCoronis,

I wonder if a support location (store) locator plugin would be easiest to add to your website? You could Google this to find one that suits your needs.

That said, I recently started using ChatGPT's Assistants, so I wanted to test using the assistants with your use case. It seems to work! I used HubSpot Forms, Open AI's ChatGPT Assistants, and Zapier.

Take a look here at the demonstration of how I set it all up

2024.06.12 whinsight thumbnail.png

@PamCotton's suggestion should work, but it will require some coding. You could likely get this code by asking ChatGPT.

Let me/the community know if you have any questions.

All the Best,

Ryan Schweighart

Whole Hart Impact, LLC

whimpact.co

I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
RSchweighart
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @LCoronis,

I wonder if a support location (store) locator plugin would be easiest to add to your website? You could Google this to find one that suits your needs.

That said, I recently started using ChatGPT's Assistants, so I wanted to test using the assistants with your use case. It seems to work! I used HubSpot Forms, Open AI's ChatGPT Assistants, and Zapier.

Take a look here at the demonstration of how I set it all up

2024.06.12 whinsight thumbnail.png

@PamCotton's suggestion should work, but it will require some coding. You could likely get this code by asking ChatGPT.

Let me/the community know if you have any questions.

All the Best,

Ryan Schweighart

Whole Hart Impact, LLC

whimpact.co

I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @LCoronis, thank you for posting.

You can create a form in HubSpot with a location field where users can type their location. Use a workflow that triggers when the form is submitted. This workflow should call a custom code action using HubSpot's serverless functions or an external server. Also, send an email or update the HubSpot contact record with the appropriate phone number based on the matched region. This setup allows users to receive the correct customer support number based on their location input.

To our top experts, @boydwason and @RSchweighart do you have any recommendations for @LCoronis matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

boydwason
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I believe you're spot on here Pam. Great response.